Saturday, May 14, 2016

Index Astartes Apocrypha


Hooray for winning!

Today I got word from the fine fellows at Between the Bolter and Me that I have won their Twitter contest for a free copy of the Index Astartes: Apocrypha book, celebrating almost 30 years of the evolution of the Space Marine.

Seriously, what a joy.

This is an amazing looking book that for some reason I passed up on the day it was released, and I'm overjoyed to have a second chance at owning it thanks to the insane generosity of the Brothers Wier. You'd be hard-pressed to find nicer guys in the Inq community, and that's saying a lot because the Inq community is full of nothing but upstanding hobbyists who truly care about the art and function of both modelling and gaming in this weird corner of the 40K universe we all create in.

I've been playing GW games for almost 30 years, and through all of the White Dwarfs, rule books, and supplements I've collected over the years, I already have the vast majority of what's included in the Apocrypha, but even though my GW library is substantial, there are pages and artwork I've seen in previews of the book that are completely new to me - and that's incredibly exciting. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

Many thanks to the Wiers, and Between the Bolter and Me, and if you haven't already you should follow their Twitter account to get some great sneak peeks and insight into what they're doing, and what inspiration fuels their work.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the book found a good home! I sure loved reading through it, and was surprised at how much of it was new to me. It was fun just seeing where Space Marines started and how far they have and have not come from back then :D

    ReplyDelete